Saturday, December 10, 2016

Youth

My mom always tells me, "Youth is wasted on the young." I get where she's coming from because she misses her youth and all the great things that came with it. But honestly, I don't feel like I'm wasting my youth. I know one day I'll look back on this time and wish I could have it all back, but I'm really trying to embrace it and love it and just soak it all in. I've never been one to look forward to the future that much anyway because it terrifies me. 

I love those nights where you have no plans so you just grab some buddies and do some stupid stuff. I love waking up every morning feeling hopeful. I love not having wrinkles or gray hair or saggy skin. I love (and hate) not knowing where the heck my life is going. I love this weird stage of life between adolescence and real adulthood. 

That being said, I'm going to make it a goal to embrace every stage of life I enter into. God has seen fit for me to live another day and that is something to celebrate. Life is cool. So is my friend Steve. He can do a backflip (and a quarter of a front flip after that!) Watch this video of hood rat stuff.


Also, I have this favorite blog that I have followed for many years and I think she's a good example of embracing the stages of life you enter. Check it out! http://www.thedaybookblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment